Monday, June 9, 2008

#009 - Hypnotoad: Version A (W.I.P.)

HypnoToad I

The second piece from the video game avatar series (of the two currently on paper, four additional ones in development). This one I'm torn between two ideas, both of which internally funny amongst us friends even if not so much to you, the audience. Version A is the amalgamation of Battletoads & Futurama's Hypnotoad. I'm fairly disappointed in the current body: proportions, details, and overall tone. Again, still refining before I put the completed stamp on this one. I disliked it immediately after I'd finished so don't be worried at the self-notes I put on as well.

My roommate goes by "HypnoToad." Body type and coloring matches Pimple? more-or-less, the final addition of Hypnotoad's darker textures finally seperate them. Battle garb is a mixture of all three battletoads, save the necklace which is "Our Load and Master's." Will probably change his posture entirely unless I lose focus. Most likely will have something more suggestive of hypnotism like a b/w swirl coin, pendulum watch, or crystal ball hanging away from his body.

Rights to Futurama's Matt Groening(?) & Rare where inspired.

No comments: