Friday, June 6, 2008

#003 - February 2007 LAN Party Flyer

LAN Poster

Not exactly a work of art, but I like it none-the-less. Screenshot is taken from Unreal Tournament, text is in normal fonts provided on any basic package or free site online*. A few of my friends of deviantArt browsers** asked about the lengthy name, well at the time we were planning on having large-scale LAN parties at the college campus on a monthly basis. Due to scheduling conflicts we had 2 more that semester, but not as many showed up for those. And class loads prevented me from making more to advertise. Maybe in the future I'll make more flyiers layouts for the future, but as I've since graduated, most LANS will be with friends only unless I visit the few collegiate friends I have left.

For the record we had a total of 54 people sign-in here, not counting the ones who skipped in, played the consoles, and left without signing in. All-in-all a very successful event!

* - I couldn't tell you which at the moment as I literally keep thousands of fonts at all times, some not so different than others
** - I would call them fans but I don't publish enough to consider them that, but these are the ones that troll my page occassionally.

Almost forgot, the Bleach-esque text was made using a textgenerator found:
Bleach Title Font Creator

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like that LAN party was quite a success! That's cool that you have some smaller ones with your friends too.

Have you ever tried 6 Hour Power? It's an energy drink that tastes great for marathon gaming sessions. I work for them and am happy to say that it provides long-lasting energy without the dreaded crash. It also gives enhanced concentration and performance.

It's sugar free, has zero calories, and comes in 5 different flavors too. Check them out at www.6hrpower.com/

By the way, I hope it's alright that I'm contacting you like this. If you want more info or have any questions feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I would like to hear your thoughts on the 6 Hour Power energy shot!

Franklin Keane
Brand Ambassador
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Skelefish said...

Well, I don't mind you or anyone else contacting me like this--but spamming an ads kind of irks me to no end. These are blogs and not free ad-space.


On the subject though (if you're serious and didn't mean it that way), most of the gamers I know don't actually enjoy energy drinks/shots. Too much of a down-slided crash after it wears off. What I've typically seen is a personal preference of coke (Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew most popular locally) or coffee.