Friday, July 25, 2008

Idea: AMV Music & Concepts

I know very loosely one or two AMV (Animated Music Video) artists. Generally they use anime or cartoons to compile or illustrate a point or theme.

Video #1
Anime: Bleach
Music: Three Days Grace - Animal I've Become
Concept: Alright, I know this song is over-used as it is but the lyrics fit the hollow transformation of Ichigo. I even successfully bounced this idea off a few of these AMV'ers but they didn't have the interest or time to devote to a project not of their origins (even for shared credit, go figure). Basically ONLY focus in on his transformations. There are three set repeats of the chorus: 1 for during the fight with Byukuya in Soul Society; 2 versus Koga the Bount; and 3 a rehashment of the Ichigo vs. H-Ichigo battles both within his soul and his hollowfication in the real world.

Video #2
Anime: Bleach
Music: Skillet - Falling Inside The Black
Concept: I'm not one to take sides in most of these shipper battles. I like them to be left open for the stories to develop and dictate the results as the artist(s) see fit. Not that I don't root for my favorites, but as some storylines go, their outcomes can influence choices and decisions. This one the lyrics really spoke to me from a standpoint of Orihime witnessing Ichigo's Vaizard mask and the fear, confusion, and angst her eyes very successfully express in the anime. The storyline is still ongoing, so there will be more to pull from as the Heuco Mundo arc concludes.

No comments: