Thursday, August 27, 2009

To [Blogg]er Is Human...

I have a few sites I keep updated on. I'm not a camwhore who posts hundreds or thousands of photos on the internet. In fact until recently I had in the neighborhood of 20 tagged images from 3 whole years of college facebooking to my name.

I get easily frustrated with the ads, spam, and load times some people program in to their myspace pages so I keep it around for little more than an additional way to contact me (for some people, its the only).

DeviantArt has quite a few online acquaintances and page-following buddies of mine, but I can finish or publish any form of an artistic piece so rarely that I'm VERY behind with them.

Too many so-called friends are joining social networking or class reunion sites that I've just stopped deleting them and am actively blocking them from my regular email account(s).

I am not a forum troll, though I lurk occasionally in one or two as interests momentarily spike for whatever reason.

I keep no consistent schedule of social activities except for a weekly game with a few friends on Sunday afternoon.

My work schedule keeps tabs or claws on me for the most part of any weekday.

My social life, not that is was ever thriving, is shrivelled to the point of pruning.

Is this what life is as you grow up? It seems the more I try to hang on to any one thing the more others suffer. The variety of things that I attempt overrides and nullifies many well-meant intentions. If so I'm not entirely sure I want to go through with it. I must find some semblance of balance, some...middle ground if I want to get out of this phase with any sanity or innocence left.

No comments: